Cake PHP, an open-source web development framework intended for maintaining, developing, and deploying web applications much easier. It is a vital structure for programmers to create web applications. It is written in PHP and follows the MVC approach. It offers an extensive number of features for developers through plugins. The latest version 4.0.0 of Cake PHP has a refreshed skeleton design with tons of other features.
- Supports most of the software development model such as MVC
- Easy to maintain and use
- Features like Code re-usability makes developers more productive
- Does not require programmers to use complex XML files
- Fast and Flexible
- Safe and secure
- Open Source
- Built in ORM
- Inadequate Documentation or needs improvement
- More Complex as compared to other PHP frameworks
- Does not supports default routes for Fancy Urls.
- Difficult to upgrade or update